September 30, 2012

Carrot Cake Pancakes


Heyy ;)


I'll admit it, I have a pancake addiction. Seriously I need to sign up for PA meetings (pancakes anonymous). But don't these things look delicious? Just looking at the picture makes me want to go make another stack! Seriously.. just ...nom nom nom! so good :) 

These are (you guessed it) Chocolate-Covered Katie's. Unfortunately this recipe was hidden deep in the depths of dessert heaven. Here's the link to the actual recipe (cause its fricken impossible to find) 


I was inspired to make these when I went to IHOP with my tennis team, but later got sick because I forgot they used milk and butter in their batter. Boy did I feel stupid! So I went on a quest to make some lactose free ones :)


Carrot Cake Pancakes:
     (serves two)

 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (others have said plain whole wheat works)
 1/3 cup heaped shredded carrot (feel free to add more)
 1/8 teaspoon salt
 Up to 2 Tbsp sugar, around 1 Tbs agave or 2-3 NuNaturals packets
 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
 1/4 heaped teaspoon baking powder
 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
 1 1/2- 2 Tbsp applesauce
 1/3 cup water/liquid

Optional add-ins: raisins, shredded coconut, walnuts, pineapple tidbits (If you add pineapple, you’ll probably want to decrease the applesauce or liquid a bit.)

You can leave out the sweetener if your topping these with anything sweet :)



 Above topped with creamy frosting( also Katie's recipe), but you could also top with maple syrup, agave, raisins & apples, vanilla icing, coconut butter, or pineapple juice.

Creamy Frosting
(Or pudding or mousse)
(Makes about 1 1/3 cup)

2/3 cup silken-firm tofu(I’m sure soft-silken would work too)
4-6 T raw cashew butter (or another nut butter)
scant 1/8th tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sweetener (sugar, agave, etc. powdered sugar could work out well, too)

Blend everything in a blender/food processor, or Magic Bullet cup. It's thicker when cold, so it’s a good idea to make it up ahead of time.

I ended up drizzling some maple syrup on mine along with the frosting (which I halved and still had leftovers)

Nutritional info:

Pancakes:
Calories: 235 (with walnuts and raisins)
Fat: 3g
Carbs: 49g
     sugar: 12.5g
Protien: 7g

Frosting:
Calories: 28(I'd say I used about 1-2 tablespoons)
Fat: 2g
Carbs: 1.5g
     sugar: 0.3g
Protien: 1g

Question Of The Day:
Do you have and addiction to a certain type of food?

No comments:

Post a Comment