October 12, 2012

Nutella Cookies


Heyo


I found a recipe online for no-bake nutella cookies, but they were full of sugar. Which sounded like a challenge: make some healthy nutella cookies. now nutella isn't that healthy to begin with. Despite its health-food status, it's really just fudgy, frosting. But you can't have nutella cookies with out nutella(literally, you can't) so I vowed to make it as healthy as I could.

Normally the first thing I would do is substitute splenda for sugar, but because no-bake cookies are mixed on a stove-top(I find it ironic that no-bake recipes almost always require a stove) that was out. So what to put in instead? tru-via? agave? I had options but I was leery about substituting a liquid for a solid... Unless I reduced the amount of butter.... less butter is good. So agave it was.

The second thing to is get rid of some butter... but wait, we already did! Problem solved!



Healthy Nutella No-Bakes: 
     (makes 12 cookies)
3T agave
2T milk
1t+1/2t cocoa( you can try subbing chocolate protien powder if you wish)
2T peanut butter
3T nutella (I cut the original recipes amount in half)
1c rolled oats

In a saucepan mix the agave, milk and cocoa powder over medium low heat and mix until combined. stir in peanut butter and nutella until melted, then stir in the oats. mix thoroughly and reduce heat to low. quickly spoon cookies onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 30 min.

These cookies came out even fudgyer then the original

Nutrition Info:
Calories: 67 per cookie
Fat: 3g
     saturated fat: >1g
Carbs: 8g
     sugar: 3g
Protien: 2g

Question of the Day:
What do you like to do on your days off?
Today is NEOEA day so no school for me! I get to spend it baking :) I'm even taking a vegan cooking class later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment