November 4, 2012

Strawberry Jelly Pancakes

 
Hello (again)
(the photo is a stock photo :( I couldn't seem to find the (2 separate) pictures I took of these beauties)

Its cold outside. I don't like cold.
So I needed something to warm me up(que pancakes), but my stomach was hanging on to summer(que strawberries). Unfortunately strawberries are not something I keep on hand, but I did have some homemade strawberry jam in my fridge, which works for me. Some creative baking and 15 minutes later I was completely satisfied.

Strawberry Jelly Pancakes:
     (makes about 8-12 pancakes, 4-6 servings)

2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1/4 c.(4 T) strawberry jelly(you may use sugar free, and subtract 20 calories per serving)

mix dry ingredients together, then add in wet, stir well. Cook these on a stove heated to  medium heat in a sprayed skillet.


Delicious, and a perfect blend of summer and fall. These were delicious and my family loved them :) You could use whatever kind of jelly you want to make different flavor pancakes (blueberry anybody?).

Nutrition Info (the sugar free version in parenthesis):
Calories: 197(170)
Fat: 0.7g
Carbs: 42g(37g)
    sugar: 6g (1g)

Question of the Day:
What's your favorite kind of fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment