November 5, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Aloha


Aren't these things so cute? They remind me of summer and Curious George, what with the bananas and the man in the yellow hat and all. These little circles brighten my day :D and my stomach.

After I made these I thought of turning them inside out, making a batter with cocoa/carob powder and using diced banana as the "chips" try it, and see how they turn out!(and tell me)

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
serves 1-2

1/3 c flour
1/3 c rolled oats
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/2 mashed banana
1/8 t salt
3/4 t baking powder
1/4 c liquid (water/milk/what-ever-else-you-want)
chocolate chips


Mash the banana in a bowl, then mix in other wet ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix. You can omit the chocolate chips and opt to ad them in once the pancakes are in the pan if you want more control of pancake/chocolate chip ratio. Pour into skillet and cook on medium-low heat.

I found that these didn't really need to be topped with anything. I tried honey(I do not recommend), agave, maple syrup, and chocolate syrup, but it tasted better pure. I suppose you could top with milk or whipped cream if you MUST have something on top of them.


Nutrition Info(for 2):

Calroies:190
Fat: 4.3g
Carbs: 35
     Sugar: 3.2g
Protien: 4.7g

Question of the Day:
Do you ever watch any "little kid" shows?
I wasn't into Curious George when I was little but sometimes I'll watch it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment