January 22, 2013

Chocolate Covered Banana Pancakes


Hey
Here're some delicious pancakes, a variation on my Chocolate-Chip Banana Pancakes.
I turned them inside out, instead of chocolate chips and banana pancakes, we have banana chips in chocolate pancakes.

To make these use a chocolate pancake recipe(I used Chocolate Covered Katie's) and put freeze dried banana chips in like you would chocolate chips. The banana gets kinda soft but not too gooey and more banana-y then chip-y as it cooks. You could also just use fresh banana slices, Witch should work fine, I just wanted a "chip/chunk" like texture.

Chocolate Covered Banana Pancakes
serves 1-2

1/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or Bob’s gluten-free)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa or dutch cocoa (You can sub regular cocoa, but I haven’t tried it in this recipe and therefore can’t personally vouch for the taste)
1 and 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar (I think I used 1/2 a packet tru-via.)
1/16 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 tbsp applesauce or oil (I omitted)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 and 1/2 tbsp milk of choice

freeze dried banana chips

Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Wait until ready to flip, then add banana chips and flip.

Nutrition Info:
Calories: 170
Fat: 2.6g
Carbs: 35g
     sugar: 2.5g
Protein: 8g

Question Of the Day:
whats your favorite fruit?
 mine would be grapes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment